Consider the following graph, excerpted from the series The Science of Exercise Equipment from Schottenbauer Publishing:
- Connect the dots in the graph, to reveal the pattern of motion of the bike pedal.
- Draw the bike pedal in motion, labeling at least 4 points in time.
- What are the minimum and maximum x-positions of the pedal?
- What are the minimum and maximum y-positions of the pedal?
- How many pedal rotations are shown in the graph?
- What is the average time of one rotation?
- What occurs at the end of the graph?
The following books from Schottenbauer Publishing contain a more extensive collection of graphs and data pertaining to the science of athletic training: